库明加:目前专注于进步,谈如果被马刺选中:我感觉会很棒!

关注

SAN ANTONIO - The G League's Ignite is off to a hot start at 4-1 and are powered by top NBA Draft prospect, Jonathan Kuminga. Kuminga's name usually is at the top of many 2021 NBA Mock Draft boards and he is making the case with Ignite. The 6-8 forward from the Democratic Republic of the Congo is currently posting 18.2 points per game, 3.2 assists per game, and 7.0 rebounds per game in 34.1 minutes per game.

With Ignite, his PER is 14.65, he boasts a block percentage of 2.6%, and averages 1.75 steals per game.

Impressive numbers but for Kuminga, it's about getting better and not paying attention to mock drafts.

"I don't focus on whoever drafts me," Kuminga said to the Spurs Zone. "I really focus on getting better every day. I don't really check the mock drafts."Kuminga is getting a chance to shine amid the pandemic. The annual Nike Summit was canceled due to the virus and he could not attend last year's Basketball Without Borders due to a conflict with high school.

In a loss to Erie, he posted his first double-double with 21 points and a career-best 10 rebounds.

Although he says he doesn't pay attention to mock draft, the idea of getting drafted by the San Antonio Spurs is enticing. He sees what the team has done for past international players and would embrace the work needed to succeed in San Antonio.

"It makes me feel good because I feel like Gregg Popovich has a lot of connections... a lot internationally. I saw it with Tony Parker," he said when asked about some mock drafts having the Spurs selecting him.

And then there's the thought of playing for Popovich. A coach who has been on Kuminga's mind as well as the Spurs team culture that he feels fits well with him.

"I would feel great," said Kuminga when asked about the possibility of being selected by the Spurs. "I heard a lot about him (Popovich). I feel he's the type of coach who will push you. who'll want you to do your best."

The chances of Kuminga being on the draft board for San Antonio to select would be slim but if he is there, going to the Spurs would be a situation that suits him fine.

Said Kuminga: "That's the type of situation where I'd want to be in."

发布于山东阅读 48709

这些回复亮了

discusser-avatar

spurs梦幻

· 江苏

现在摆烂真的来不及了。。。估计不进季后赛也是和去年一样10,11顺位,这上哪选库明加去。。。

亮了(87)
查看回复(9)
回复
discusser-avatar

圣西罗上空嘘声